Sunday, April 17, 2011

AIGA Event: Pixel Punchout Round 2 "The Final Four"

There was "Pixel Punchout" Round 2 this past Friday, April 15th from 6:30-8:30 at the Art Institute of Seattle. There were four competitors who had won the Round 1 last week.

The four competitors were:
Nate Johnson of frog vs. Anasazi Wade of Starbucks
Brian Piper of Tether vs. Zach Pfriem of Ascentium

I went to the event again, and had a great time. It is really inspiring to watch these talented designers could come up with ideas and execute them in one hour!

Championship will be hosted on Friday, May 6 from 6:30-8:30 at Adobe HQ in Fremont. It would be very exciting to see the Adobe office as well. I am not sure how to sign up or cost for this championship, but I am interested in attending this event.

Get Direction to Adobe HQ in Fremont


My Other Post about Pixel Punchout Event:
  1. AIGA EventPixel Punchout Round 1 "The Elite Eight"
  2. AIGA EventPixel Punchout Round 2 "The Final Four"

6 comments:

  1. i cant imagine what kind of competition but i envy you that are there and be stimulated to growth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haruna,

    It was interesting to see these talented designers from well-known design farms in Seattle to compete right front of me.
    The topic for this Round2 was "Afternoon Delight" and they were given same stock images and the topic right before the game started. They had only one hour to execute their design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed it. :/ I was actually hoping to see who won but since I'm the only person in the tech office, I couldn't leave. At least it wasn't as loud as the first event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ayen,

    It is too bad you had to work at the campus, but you couldn't see any of the competitions.

    Nate Johnson of frog won, and I somehow cannot remember another winner's name....
    I know which design won, but I got mixed up with their name. I remember his face too though...I will drive me crazy now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhh, Brian Piper was vs. Zach Pfriem of Ascentium, not Josh Peters. I was there for the first and 2nd round so I'm 100% positive of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous

    Oh no! I must got mixed up with names. Thank you so much for letting me know my mistake. It's updated now.

    I couldn't go to the final, but I heard Nate Johnson got the title.

    ReplyDelete